Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Heartfelt Thanks

My mom asked me to make "the most beautiful" (her words) Thank you card.  I wanted to do something vintage and for the first time in a long time the card looks exactly as I pictured it in my mind.  My cards usually never look like I think they are going to when I start to create one. 

Anyway, I used Tim Holtz' Vintage Typwriter Die which I cut on chipboard first and then I cut it out with paper and glued the two together.  I distressed it with Tim Holtz' tea dye stain ink.  Then I printed out the sentiment using the "carbontype" font on my computer on some of the lined cardstock from Basic Grey Basics collection and inked it and put it in the typewriter as if it had been typed.  I tore off the top of it to give it an even more vintage look. 

Then I glued some beige lace and ivory flat backed pearl trim at the bottom of the typewriter.  For the base of the card I cut and distressed and inked some of the same Basic Grey paper and then I cut a piece of newsprint paper from Echo Park's For the Record 6x6 paper pad and repeated the distressing process.  Once I glued those down on some Bazzill Chocolate Cardstock I arranged the Prima roses the way I wanted them and then placed the typewriter on foam tape for some dimension.

I absolutely love it and I am definitely going to have to make more of these.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment